What’s new at Second Cup
At Second Cup, we strive to bring you the best quality products and highest customer service – and that’s our main priority. That’s why we want to make sure you’re the first one to know about our new products, offers and contests. It’s just our way of showing you that there’s a little love in every cup.
Mulled Cranberry juice is a seasonal favourite for many Canadians and is a very easy drink to make – you simply rely on your slow cooker or crock pot to infuse the cranberry juice over time. This process also has the great side-effect of creating fantastic fruit and spice aromas that spread throughout your house. (Make sure to start this in your slow cooker 30 minutes prior to guests’ arrival to ensure a pleasing aromatic greeting).
The ingredients you’ll need are:
- 2 litres cranberry juice
- 2 juice oranges
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 ½ cups dried cranberries
o Feel free to play around here with other dried berries or cherries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups of honey
- 3 cinnamon sticks
Putting it all together:
- Pour the cranberry juice into your slow cooker and set on high
- Add the orange zest, cloves, dried berries, vanilla extract, honey and cinnamon sticks
- Allow to come up to heat and then stand at high heat for 20 minutes
- Remove to a serving pitcher and add sliced oranges to the top (as you would for Sangria)
There are so many ways to play with mulled beverages, in terms of the ingredients you put in it, the techniques you use, or the temperature and time it’s exposed to heat. Liven up your dinner parties this fall, all with just a little walk to your spice cabinet and fruit bowl.
We’d love to hear your favourite mulling recipes – share them with us today!